Here at Digicel, we want you to get the most from your data allowance. So, we have compiled these handy tips to ensure you stay in control of your usage and only use your data for what is important to you.
- Track your data usage by setting a data limit.
This will control the amount of data you use daily, which will prevent you from incurring additional charges for data. You can set a data limit and track your usage by following the instructions here.
- Reduce resolutions when streaming videos/movies.
The higher the resolution, the more data is used for processing.
- Use Wi-Fi to download Apps from the Play Store
We recommend you use Wi-Fi when downloading large volumes of data, or when updating Apps.
- Close Background Apps to save from unwanted Data usage.
Close applications fully when they are not in use. This will allow you to save data, as well as battery life!
- Turn off Mobile Data when sleeping. Use Wi-Fi where applicable
You phone can still access background data when you are asleep. Ensure mobile data is deactivated to prevent this from happening. If internet connection is required, you may opt to use Wi-Fi during this time.
- Turn off Maps and Navigation services as these consume data.
Some apps use your current location to help make them more useful and convenient. If you do not need to use these services, ensure they are disabled.
- Turn off notifications in Apps when you are not using them.
This will stop the App using data in the background. You can also deactivate auto play videos on social media platforms such as Facebook or Instagram & deactivate push emails as when this feature is activated, your phone will constantly look for new messages.
- Buy Data Plans to control your data spend.
Data Plans absorb data usage, which prevents you from being charged. We have different data plans to suit your needs. Click here to see our available plans.
We understand the importance of data management, and so we have put together a few articles to further assist you with this. Enjoy the most out of your data plan with Digicel!